December 24, 2003

Wonderful Christmas eve

Wonderful Christmas eve
We are just home from the annual Christmas service at church. It was a very good gathering with all the necessary traditional Christmas ingredients, with carols and reading from Luke 2. I read one of my own Christmas poems and that was very well received. I am amazed at the big crowd of non-Christians that gather together with us for an evening like this.
Now I am home. I have just lit the fire in our log fire place. The Christmas tree is filled with lights and glitter, decorated by Solveig only a few days ago. The smell of the traditional Christmas dinner is filling the living room as well. Only in a short time now and we will enjoy our "pinnekj�t" - the dried lamb's rib cooked in a big pan on birch twigs. It is delicious! We only eat it for Christmas eve.
After the dinner we will open the presents. I am so happy that we have this Norwegian tradition of opening the presents on Christmas eve, and not on Christmas day which is tomorrow! It is always a great joy to look at the others when they open their presents and it is exciting to receive presents as well! On Christmas eve we are all like children.

View Solveig's blog and my poetic blog

No comments: