August 13, 2004

The Olympic Games opening ceremony

The Olympic Games opening ceremony
I am watching the awesome opening ceremony of the Olympic Games at the moment. Nation after nation is passing by in colourful clothes and beautiful customs. My heart is stirred and moved with compassion as well as joy and appreciation of the manifold display of human beings, all for whom Jesus Christ died to provide salvation and eternal life. I wonder about these nations of the world passing by on the screen in front of me. Have the heard the message of the Kingdom? Who is going to reach these precious peoples with the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ?
As I am looking on all these representatives of the nations of the world I am stirred to go to new countries in days to come. My heart is filled with compassion and a growing desire to reach new people groups in the next half of my life.
Oh, Lord, enable me to reach some of these nations with the gospel of the Kingdom of God! Keep my heart, burning, zealous for you, to claim the nations for you! Let my heart always be filled with compassion for souls. Give me a great harvest of souls for you!


View Solveig's blog and I am somebody and My new blog

No comments: