December 06, 2003

Prophetic gathering

Prophetic gathering
Friday afternoon I met with two other prophets to pray and seek the Lord together. We had a wonderful time sharing with one another from the Word of God what God had been speaking to us personally about. I was really encouraged through this sharing of the fresh insight from our devotional reading of the Bible. Living in the Word of God is the best way of being fresh and sharp in our walk with God.
Personally I am reading in Isaiah at the moment. I felt God spoke to me to spend time with the prophets. I have already read through all the prophets in the Bible and have started my second round. I find reading the prophets very stimulating to spirit and I am being stirred in my heart. These are some verses from the New Living Translation that have touched my heart recently:
The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know what to say to all these weary ones. Morning by morning he awakens me and opens my understanding to his will. (Is 50:4)
Who among you fears the Lord and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God. But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from me: You will soon lie down in great torment. (Is 50:10-11)

No comments: