October 21, 2002

Prakash
I was introduced to Prakash today. In fact I had met him on an earlier visit, but had forgotten his name. When I was introduced to Prakash again I was told of his merits since last nine months. By the grace of God he had been able to form nine new covenant communities of the kingdom of God in some rural area of India. Think about it! This young man in the early twenties, nearly reaching up to my shoulders, has planted nine churches in nine villages!
I asked him how he did it and he smiled to me saying, �I just had to give up everything, my farm and everything to be able to concentrate on one thing only, to serve the Lord.� The nine new communities of the kingdom seemed to be the fruit of his total commitment to the Lord.
I wanted more details, so I asked him again of what he actually did. Again he was just smiling, radiating the glory of God in his joy. �Well,� he said, �We are having some healings and miracles. Then people believe and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour as they are being baptised. Then we start a church in their home.�
It sounded so simple: we are just having some miracles and then the church is born! His joy and simplicity blessed me. I have so much to learn from this giant of faith! With men like him there is a bright future for

No comments: