November 18, 2002

A strange miracle!
An Indian lady, Madhu, approached me once on my visit to Jaipur when I met with the covenant community there. She told me that she had been praying for me ever since I brought some prophetic word to her on my last visit one year ago. Everything God told her through that prophetic word had come through in her life and she was so encouraged and strengthened by the grace and goodness of God.
Madhu and her husband Rajinder have been used by God to bring the peace and joy of salvation to many people during last year. They are totally committed to their Lord, Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world. It was such a joy to see them taking actively part and contributing in different ways when the people of God were gathered together. Madhu was reading from her Bible and sharing with others what God had spoken to her through his Word.
What I didn�t know at that time was that Madhu used to be among the 70% illiterate women in the state of Rajasthan. Zephry told me that after she came to know Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour, she asked him to help her to learn to read the Bible. By a miracle she was able to read the Bible! But she was not able to read other books yet! I was watching her read from the Bible but I didn�t know I was watching a miracle! Whenever she opens the Bible a miracle takes place! This illiterate woman is able to read! When one love God and puts one�s trust in him, nothing seems to be impossible!

No comments: