April 02, 2003

Sharing the good news of the Kingdom

Sharing the good news of the Kingdom
I have just arrived home from another exciting cell-group meeting. Tonight we had a nominal Christian with his Norwegian "baby-faith" with us. He believes in the sense of holding the teaching of the Bible mainly true. But he had many "hang-ups" regarding God. It was refreshing to have him with us. As I was listening to him repeating in despair, "Well, that is just the way I am!", I was filled with joy. By the grace of God I was able to present the good news of the Kingdom of God with boldness to him, agreeing with him that that is the way he is, and there is nothing he can do about it! We are all born sinners and we cannot save or change ourselves! But God so loved the world that he sent his Son, Jesus Christ to save us from ourselves and give us an entire new life under his Lordship! As I was sharing the good news of the Kingdom I was refreshing in my Spirit and strengthened in my innermost being. We could feel the presence of God in our midst as he was calling our visitor to repentance. He did not turn to Christ tonight but we will continue to pray for him and I expect him to come to Christ very soon!
There is nothing like sharing the good news of the Kingdom with people!

No comments: