July 15, 2002

From Bergen to Stavanger

From Bergen to Stavanger
Yester day I went by car from Bergen to Stavanger. I had to cross several beautiful fjords. The first ferry took one full hour to cross over to the island of Stord. The sea was quiet and the sun was shining on the fabulous scenery as my wife and I enjoyed a pizza. God is surely good to us. After 30 minutes of driving in our new car we reached the end of the island and the was another fjord to cross. This time we didn�t have ferry but a long sub sea tunnel (8 km long � 260m deep) to help us to arrive on the other side. An impressive art of engineering created the tunnel, but I prefer the scenery on the outside!

The strawberries for sale alongside the road, I prefer even more than the scenery! Freshly picked strawberries bring with them a foretaste of heaven. They refresh the senses and revitalise my total being. Thank God for strawberries!

No comments: