December 05, 2002

Funeral
Today I have attended my mother�s funeral from the H�yland church where I was confirmed many years ago. In that old church building there was a great revival when I was a teenager in which about ten percent of the population in our borough came to know the Lord Jesus Christ. That was a long time ago as well.
Today we were gathered to take farewell with my dear mother who went to be with the Lord the 26th November this year. A lot of people were gathered to give tribute to my mother by honouring her memory. My younger son Josef�s wife Elizabeth sung Amazing Grace at the beginning of the service and How great Thou art at the end. I read a poem that I had written for my mother and the priest spoke quite well from Psalm 23 which was my mother�s favourite psalm. It was a service worthy of my mother and her Lord.
It is a sobering moment when the coffin goes down in the grave with these words: From the dust you came, to the dust you will return and from the dust you will be raised! That is the way of all flesh! The big question is how the resurrection will be, a resurrection of judgement or a resurrection of glory!

No comments: