December 22, 2002

A great party!
Solveig had arranged a great party yesterday with many pleasant surprises! I knew that she was planning a party, but she has been very clever to keep a secret to me! But yesterday the big event was on and I was not disappointed! Solveig is a wonderful wife and she had all kind of people help her to put on a party that I will never forget! About sixty people were gathered to celebrate with me that the Lord has kept me alive and well for sixty years showering his abundant blessings on me and my family.
I was overwhelmed with all the presents I received, but more than anything else I appreciated all the good words of encouragement given to me from my friends. But when four of my children spoke personal words of appreciation and praise I felt most proud of them. God has really blessed me with wonderful children and grandchildren. In the party the best present that was given to me was the speeches that my children delivered at the dinner table.

No comments: