December 17, 2002

Mental illness
This morning we were praying for young people suffering from mental illness and disturbances. We have had several cases recently in our interaction with you people were we have come across young people with serious mental problems. I don't have words to express what I feel when I see or hear of young people suffering from mental illness. For six years our elder son suffered from mental illness. I can never forget the fearful eyes and the pain in his face. And the feeling of helplessness in all our attempts to bring relief and comfort.
It is my prayer that the covenant community will reach a new lever of insight and power of deliverance towards people suffering from mental illness. There are terrible physical pains in the body but the pain of a tormented soul is much worse. It is my prayer that the people of God will become a healing community for the entire human being and that we will be able to bring wholeness to people.

No comments: