March 05, 2003

Back home in Bergen

Back home in Bergen
Yesterday afternoon we arrived home again after a long journey from Hyderabad in India. The last week we have not been able to connect at Internet at all an I have naturally been unable to blog. However we had a wonderful time with about 80 leaders of covenant communities in AP. I met a young man that I had never seen before. He was listening very carefully when I shared some of my insights on leadership. After the gathering he came to see me and talk to me. He did not know English and brought an interpreter with him as did not speak Telegu. Among many things he shared with me I would like to share with you a miracle God did for him. When he came to Christ a few years back he was illiterate, but he desperately wanted to learn to read! He sought God in prayer asking for his help in learning to read the Bible. Then a angel appeared to him and touch his eyes and mouth with a burning coal. Immediately he was able to read! What a miracle! Eventually he attended a Bible School to be equipped to serve the Lord and since last year he has been able to give birth to a covenant community of 60 new believers in one village and also working into other villages!

No comments: