March 13, 2003

Writing at Gullbotn

Writing at Gullbotn
Today I have had a full day writing at Gullbotn. I have been totally on my own and have not been disturbed by anybody! I am so happy with what I have been writing today. I almost finished a full chapter on the church and the Kingdom today. It has been flowing well for me as I have been writing in the presence of God remembering the prophetic words spoken to me about angels standing behind me to strengthen me in my writing. I just add something I wrote on the two set of passages concerning the coming of the Kingdom:

In the New Testament we find two sets of passages that tell us how the Kingdom of God is to come to this world. One set tells that the Kingdom will come as a gradualism: This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. All by itself the soil produces grain - first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head (see Mark 4:26-28). Or the Kingdom is like the mustard seed, which is the smallest seed we plant in the ground. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants (see Mark 4:30-32). Or the Kingdom of God is like yeast mixed into a large amount of flour that will work its way all through the though (see Matthew 13:33). We see clearly from these and other passages that the Kingdom of God comes by gradualism, person to person, family to family, tribe to tribe, society to society, nation to nation.
The second set of passages regarding the coming of the Kingdom of God, like the story of the man of noble birth who went away to receive kingly power and then return (see Luke 19:11-27), refers to the apocalyptic or sudden coming of the Kingdom when Jesus Christ returns at the end of this age.
Both sets are an integral part of the gospel of the Kingdom of God. The gradualistic set of passages gives us our task in showing us that we can be the agents of the Kingdom in the world today. The apocalyptic set of passages gives us hope in assuring us that the last word will be spoken by God and that last word will be victory!

No comments: