July 15, 2003

Acting out of what I am

Acting out of what I am
I have been reading and meditating in the scriptures of the prophet Ezekiel recently. He saw visions of God and became the spokesman of God. He was sent to bring messages of judgment and hope. The other day some words of God struck me, and have been working in me continuously ever since.
In Ezekiel 20 God is saying: "I acted out of who I am, not by how I felt, so that I might be honored and not blasphemed by the nations."
The last week I have felt miserable. I have been in the mire of despair, and I have seen no way out. I have felt like a total failure, falling short in all areas. The enemy has tried hard to make me give up. With my heart and mind I have know with myself that it doesn't help to give up, and that my feeling of being a failure doesn't give the true picture of my situation. Still it has been a struggle to overcome the bombardment of negative thoughts and emotions.
When I read these word of God about acting out of who I am, and not by what I feel, I was strengthened and empowered to make a decision of how to act in accordance with what God has made me irrespectively of how I feel! It is not a new revelation, it is something I have known a long time, but it had been clouded by my swinging emotions. When I read what God said, I was comforted and encouraged. A new strength came to my inner being, a fresh determination, a peaceful rest in the grace of God.
I am a child of God. I am saved. I am forgiven. I am a new creation in Christ. I am the handi-work of God. I am a servant of God. I am a prophet of God. I am chosen by God to bring his message to his people. I am called to serve the purpose of God in my generation, - in my life-time. I will certainly act out of who I am, and not by what I feel!
Visit Erling and Solveig Thu Community site

No comments: