August 19, 2003

New batch of students

New batch of students
Today I met a new batch of students at Bergen Bible School. They seemed to be a very good batch, some more mature than others and some more colourful than others, but together they will have a good time the next ten months.

A bucket full of plums
Yesterday I harvested my plum-tree for the first time ever! I was a very pleasant experience to pick the plums from my own plum-tree. I filled my bucket (10 liters) with delicious Opal-plums. What a wonderful blessing! Next year I expect even more! My wife has already made some wonderful jam of plums. That jam brought the taste of grace and love mixed with faithfulness and made the plums even more delicious! What a blessing to be married with the best wife in the world!

A surprising letter
I have just received a very surprising letter from an unknown fellow from USA. I have no idea how in the world he could get my address. He seemed to be a new believer with his grandparents coming from Norway. Now he was studying norsk (Norwegian) and preparing for ministry! I wonder what the Lord will do through this contact? I wonder what the Lord will do for this young man, and I wonder what he will do through this Norwegian descendant in USA in days ahead?

No comments: