January 16, 2004

Encountering the Lord

Encountering the Lord
I have just started to read the prophet Ezekiel. As I spend time with the prophets I am sharpened in my spirit and more aware of the voice of God. As I spend time with the prophets and get to know them I am stirred in my heart to take action for God. It is having a similar experience as Ezekiel is describing when he is saying:
"The Spirit came into me as he spoke and set me on my feet." He set me on my feet, ready for a directional word and quick obedience. "The Spirit lifted me up and took me away." "The Lord's hold on me was strong." In that situation the prophet was ready for a new assignment. He was appointed as a watchman for his people.
"Son of man, let all my words sink deep into your own heart first. Listen to them carefully for yourself." Before we are entitled to speak to others we must apply the word in our own life. The word must become incarnated in me first, then I can go to my people with a message from God.
Spending time with the prophets causes me to encounter the Lord! May all those who spend time with me be encountering the Living Lord of everyday life!

View Solveig's blog and To be somebody

No comments: