January 02, 2004

Giving marks

Giving marks
Today I have spent much of my time giving marks to the examination papers of the students at Bergen Bibelskole. Most of them were in fact very good. I was impressed with some of them. I would never have been able to write so much in such a beautiful hand writing as some of them did.
After finishing the examination papers I had to read through and give marks to their Bible studies on a chosen subject. I am impressed by the variety of interests and all the creative viewpoints from which they approach the Bible! Some were so good that I had to give top score! Others were just poor justifications of their personal opinions. It is the same every year. Some students always forget that they are to present the teaching of the Bible on a subject, not try to find support for their own understanding.
I don't like giving marks. It is like bringing judgment to myself. I would like to be kind and give good marks to everyone. But I have to try to be fair, and that is not always easy. I am happy every time I can give a good mark. Today I have been happy many times!
View Solveig's blog and To be somebody

No comments: