September 15, 2003

Cell-group leader's gathering

Cell-group leader�s gathering
Tuesday night last week in Skien I met with the cell-group leaders of the covenant community in Skien. It was a gathering hat was full of life! God told me not to preach to them but to dialogue with them. Then Solveig told me the same! And when we arrived Arve, the leading elder, started the gathering by asking all to give a short report on the group they were leading and the challenges they were facing. That was the way I had planned to start anyway! It was like the Lord arranged everything to be sure that I did what he told me!
I was very much encouraged by the reports I heard. All the leaders and their assistants seemed to be in a very good heart and their reports was down to earth and real. They all reported their challenges honestly and in faith! They all had a desire to reach out and win new people for the Lord.
During the time of dialogue we really experienced the presence of the Lord among us and he spoke clearly to us through one another! I think all participated in a very good way and we were able to share some valid insight with one another.
We were reminded of the most important thing, that which ought to be our first priority, namely our daily walk with God. One thing is essential, that is to sit before the Master, hanging on to every word he says! It is not a life of frenzy activity that will cause us to be fruitful for the Lord, but only a life of responsive obedience to the voice of God. I am convinced that these cell-group leaders will be fruitful in their walk with the Lord and in their cell-groups.

No comments: