September 29, 2003

Wonderful weekends in the presence of God

Wonderful weekends in the presence of God
The last two weekends have been wonderful weekends of the presence of God. Before we went to England we experienced the blessing of God in the meetings in the church in Bergen. I am very encouraged by the Spirit by what I am sensing in my spirit of what the Spirit is doing among his covenant people in our city. We are living in a time of refreshing and branching out! We are in the midst of harvesting the plentiful harvest of God in our district.
This morning I was reminded of a word from Genesis 27:27-28: �The smell of my son is the good smell of the open fields that the Lord has blessed. May God always give you plenty of dew for healthy crops and good harvests of grain and wine. May many nations become your servants.�
This last weekend we have been in England attending a conference for leaders arranged by �Ministries without borders�. It was a blessed time with foundational teaching and good fellowship with faithful servant of God from many nations around the world. Saturday Keri Jones was sharing his heart with us in a very challenging way and we also had good reports from India by Peter Masih, Zephry D�Souza and Chandrakant Chavada. They are all tremendous servants of God with fruitful ministries in various parts of India. I am always touched when I am listening to their testimonies and reports of what God is doing in that great nation of India.
Sunday night I attended an outreach meeting in a cinema in Leicester arranged by the new multi-cultural church that my son in law, Daljinder Padam, is starting. Much less people than expected turned out for the meeting but about 20 non-Christians came. Many of the newcomers asked for prayer and the new church has some very good contacts to follow up. We were all encouraged by the outcome of the evening in the cinema!
The last few days have been packed with meetings from morning to evening. Therefore I have not found time to write any blog for several days. However the last blog I sent I sent from a wireless connection at the University in Coventry. I was so happy that I was able to connect through this new device that I just had installed a few days before we went to England! The technology is getting more and more developed to help us communicate the gospel of the Kingdom to the ends of the world. I am so grateful to the Lord that I am living in times like this with so many new inventions to use for the advance of the Kingdom of God.


No comments: