September 09, 2003

Golden nuggets

Golden nuggets
This morning I was reading my Message Bible again. I have now finished the Old Testament and started to read the New Testament once more. This Bible is really good to read for personal devotion. I thank God for Eugene Peterson and his wonderful work of paraphrasing the Bible and putting it into the language of today.
These are some of the golden nuggets I picked this morning from chapter 11-12:
Walk with me and work with me � watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
Keep company with me and you�ll learn to live freely and lightly.
I prefer a flexible heart to an inflexible ritual.
It�s your heart not dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season.
Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation.
Obedience is thicker than blood. The person who obeys my heavenly Father�s will is my brother and sister and mother.

Lord, please teach me the unforced rhythm of grace!
Lord, please show me how to live freely and lightly!
Lord, please give me a good heart overflowing with good words!
Lord, please teach me the life of obedience and glad surrender to your will in all circumstances!

No comments: