October 04, 2003

Contrasts of life

Contrasts of life
Gullbotn is seething with life. Seventy young leaders are gathered together for training and fellowship and building friendship. We are having a wonderful time. This morning Morten Askeland has been teaching and encouraging these devoted young people to be leaders to their peers at school and at church. He did a very good job! I enjoyed listening to him and it seemed liked most of us did!
At lunchtime I had a telephone call from the hospital. Gerd Lillian, a beautiful believer and good person in the church, was very ill. I went to see her as soon as I was able to. She is suffering from cancer in her liver and elsewhere. At the moment she is marked by death and the doctors have given her up. But we are still praying for her to be miraculous healed and restored to health. As long as she is breathing we will cry out to God for deliverance. Her family needs her and we want her with us in the church. She is a hero of faith and is fighting for her life. I urge all who read this to join me in urgent prayer for her.
After the visit to the hospital I went to Jakob, my grandson, with a "car" we had made together after I had put on some brakes. He was so excited! He was so full of joy! It was medicine to heart after being at the hospital.
This is the way life is, full of contrasts. Young leaders zealous for God are dreaming big dreams for the future, while a sister is fighting for her life at the hospital, and a young boy has no thought for the past or the future as he is enjoying the exciting moment with his grand dad.

No comments: