October 06, 2003

My wife is back

My wife is back!
Sunday evening I was able to fetch my wife at the bus station in Bergen. It was a warm welcome! Earlier the very same day I had found some nice pieces of paper in my underwear, my jumper and my shirt, with loving greetings from my dear wife. She has been visiting her mother at the Stavanger area for her 86th birthday and she brought Sara, our granddaughter, with her. They had a good time. But now Solveig is back home where she belongs with me!

We had a long talk last night at the fireplace. The living room became so hot, we felt like being in India! And we enjoyed it as the cold rain was pouring down outside.

This morning we have had a good breakfast together! I have thoroughly enjoyed my tea. No one can make tea like Solveig! With my tea she read me a wonderful Psalm and we had a good time of prayer. Again we were lifting Gerd Lillian up to the Almighty God, asking him for a big miracle of life! We went to see her last night and had a good time sharing the word of God with her, singing and praying for her. Oh, how we love her and want her to live! Humanly speaking she is dying, and if the Lord takes her home we will off cause accept it, but she is only 52 and we want her to live with us here!

At the moment my wife is ironing some of my shirts that she has washed, making them ready for the next weekend when we will be at Gullbotn again for a elders' conference. It is a different atmosphere in the house when Solveig is home. Her presence fills the house with a wonderful fragrance of love and makes our home a pleasant place to be! When she is away the house feels so empty! A vital ingredient is missing.

But today my wife is back home! That makes my day!
God has been so good to me in giving me a wife like Solveig. She is indeed the best in the world!

No comments: