August 14, 2002

Early morning prayer meeting
Early this morning I went to a prayer meeting. Six o�clock 10 men gathered together to seek God and to pray for the covenant community of God�s people in our city. Normally we will be 15 plus at this prayer meeting but vacation is still not over I guess.
We had a very good time praying for the Kingdom of God to come and the will of God done in our city. The men were praying bold prayers in the name of the Lord.
However the gathering came alive a new way when Knut suggested that we should pray specifically for Morten, our young leading pastor of our church. We all gathered around him, laying hands on him and fervently praying for him. Some saw visions, others had prophetic words and still others shared words of wisdom with him. Then I was prayed for the same way, and others were prayed for under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
I was strengthened by the prayers of my brothers. Their care encouraged me. The visions, prophetic words and spiritual insight released more faith in my heart. When they sent me of on my trip to the northern part of Norway with the blessing of God I just knew this was going to be an important journey in the service of God.
I am so thankful to the Lord that he has given me brothers that care for me and pray for me like these men I met with this morning. I am privileged to have men around me that will seek God on my behalf and speak for God into my life. My life has become more full and rich because of them.

No comments: