August 12, 2002

The Message

At last the entire Bible has been converted into contemporary language by Eugene H. Peterson. The Message Bible was released earlier this summer and it reached me one week ago. I love The Message. I have been reading the New Testament and the Proverbs earlier and now I am reading Isaiah. Eugene H. Peterson has done an excellent job. He is a master with words, a real poet and he knows his God and the people he is living among.
Since English is only my third language and since I have never lived in an English speaking society, I come across expressions that are not easily understood, I must admit. However that only makes me keen to enlarge my knowledge of the English language!
I highly recommend The Message to everyone! Take a look at www.messagebible.com or www.christianbook.com

No comments: