August 15, 2002

Finding the will of God

I have just spent some time with Geir Tore, one of my former Bible School students who has moved to this northern part of Norway to be part of what God is doing here. Together we climbed a mountain, and we reached the top. The view was breathtaking. The scenery in this part of Norway is majestic. But our conversation was even more astonishing. By the grace of God I was just able to ask him a few questions that hit the nail on its head.
Geir Tore was in a dilemma. He had to choose between three good alternatives to get the training he needed to be able to fulfil his destiny. When he told me his plans, I immediately felt that the alternative he was about to choose was not the best one for him in the long run, but perhaps the most exciting at the moment. During our conversation I was able to help him to see his situation in a new light that he could make a wise decision for his future.
Geir Tore has a heart of gold. He has a heart for God. He is fully committed to do the will of God and is willing to go where ever the Lord sends him. He is yearning to see people come to God through his testimony. He wants to become a preacher. He wants to be a church-planter. He wants to serve God and his fellow men in the nations of the world. Oh God, keep me burning with the same zeal to see your kingdom come and keep me humble enough to receive wise counsel from my brothers, because the more wise counsel we follow, the better our chances.

No comments: