August 28, 2002

Johnny confronted me!

Last evening Johnny came to see me. Someone had told him of my Monday blog. He was a little bit upset. Why didn�t I talk to him before I wrote my blog? Why did I use so strong words to describe what took place in the Sunday service?
Then I realised that I had hurt him with my blog. Of cause that was not my intention. What he did on Sunday was not a big deal to me, because I have done the same thing many times myself. I have gone into the same trap on several occasions. I shared the happening in my blog just to illustrate a point that had been pressing in on me while I have been here.
But I realised that he had been hurt by my action and my words. The only right thing for me to do was to ask for forgiveness, which I did, and wonder over wonder, he forgave me!
Then we had a good time together talking through the realities of what had taken place and how we could avoid similar things to happen again.
I am very grateful to Johnny that he came to confront me and talk to me face to face. I thank God for the way he handled the situation. He is surely a good young man, a real covenant keeper, speaking the truth in love to bring reconciliation and restoration of relationship. The covenant community of God�s people in Vester�len should be proud to have Johnny among them!

No comments: