May 06, 2003

From Charismanews

From Charismanews:
Today I choose to enclose these words about Bryn Jones and his home-going:

Bryn Jones, 63, a well-respected charismatic leader with a worldwide apostolic ministry in England, died of unknown reasons last Thursday during a ministry trip in the San Diego area.
Gareth Duffty, who was traveling with Jones and is part of Jones' Covenant Ministries International (CMI) staff, told Charisma News Service that Jones had just finished taking a nap and was resting in his hotel room.

"I spoke to him a minute before he went to rest, and then he went to be with the Lord," said Duffty, noting that Jones had preached last Wednesday at San Diego's Heart of God Church. "He was healthy and was miraculously healed of a heart condition a couple of years ago. He was recovered and just getting on with ministry. No one anticipated and expected it. It's a deep shock."

Jones founded Coventry-based CMI, which is partly a church-planting organization. It also has apostolic oversight of several churches in the United states and works with churches in Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa.

Larry Tomczak, pastor of Christ the King Church of Greater Atlanta, told Charisma News that Jones was his friend and mentor for 22 years. "He has been my spiritual father for most of my 30 years of ministry," Tomczak, 53, said. "He has also been very instrumental in helping me understand truths concerning apostolic ministry and the values of a New Testament church."

"When my 24-year-old son Justin got the call this weekend of his death, he cried," he added. "Two months ago, he called my son from England to see how he was doing. It was typical of Bryn's caring heart. Bryn was a genuine Christian leader."

Tomczak added that he spoke to Jones about two months ago, and he invited him to minister to his 350-member Georgia congregation this fall. "His death just stunned me because he's only 63," said Tomczak, who plans to attend Jones' memorial service.

Jones was editor of "Restoration" magazine, a respected prophetic publication published by CMI. Born in Aberdare, Wales, Jones is survived by his wife, Edna, and four grown children.


1 comment:

faithfulwarrior said...

I attended the Dales Bible week in 1984 as a young born-again christian in an anglican church. I had no idea that such exuberant worship and powerful preaching existed. I was powerfully baptized in the Holy Spirit and I've never been the same since.

If anybody has tapes of Bryn Jones teaching, please send them to me. I have professional equipment for committing them to digital format. His teaching must not be lost.