May 09, 2003

Prayer on the seven mountains of Bergen

Prayer on the seven mountains of Bergen
Yesterday evening believers from many different churches joined together to climb all the seven mountains surrounding Bergen to pray for the city and bless those in high positions and all the inhabitants of Bergen. Rain was pouring down in heavy showers. The wind was blowing strongly. I guess it was a strong storm on the top. It took me more than an hour to climb the mountain of L�vstakken. My heart was beating heavily. My legs were aching. I felt so tired but I didn't give up! I reached the top!
Inger Margrete and Morten overtook me on the way up. Morten was like a mountain goat running to the top! When the three of us reached the top, there was no one there! It was really storming at the top. We had difficulties in standing. Then we heard the sound of the group that climbed the mountain from a different, easier, direction. They were not on the top! Because of the storm they had settled for another place with less wind.
We eventually joined with then in singing, praising, and praying. We had a wonderful time pronouncing the blessing of God over the city! We were also able to light the bon-fire! We could see nothing of the other believers on the other mountain tops. In fact we could not see the city be cause we were inside the rainy clouds that was covering all of Bergen at the moment.
Like the rainy clouds were covering Bergen the Spirit of God is also covering Bergen making the word of God fruitful in human hearts and drawing people to Christ!

No comments: