September 26, 2002

Look and listen carefully!
I was reading in The Message Bible this morning in Ezekiel 40 where the prophet of God is telling the story how he was touched by God and brought in divine vision to Jerusalem. There a messenger of God spoke to him: �Son of man, look and listen carefully. Pay close attention to everything I�m going to show you. That�s why you�ve been brought here. And then tell Israel everything you see.�
Almost everywhere I read in the Bible the Lord is pressing in on me the same message of being alert and present in the world to be able to see what God is doing and to hear the words that proceed from his mouth. It is so important for us to look for the finger of God and listen carefully to his voice in everyday situations.
Last Sunday night I attended a meeting in R�de. The choruses we were singing had been written on a flip-over. When I read the words before we started to sing everything seemed to be alright. But when we started to sing the songs we soon realised that a few lines were missing in some of the songs. Then the Lord spoke to me about the situation in the church: Everything seems to be in order but there is something missing in the church. I will bring in some new people to fill in what is missing and make the church whole and complete.

No comments: