September 29, 2002

Visiting my birth-place
I was moved to tears Saturday morning as I was standing in front of people from my place of birth sharing with them what God had been doing in my life the 40 years since I left Ganddal to serve the Lord. I was reminded that it was a miracle that I still was alive as the doctors told my parents that I would never grow up. Not only did I grow up, I was completely healed and have been in good health for 40 years. The Lord also blessed me with a wonderful wife, six special children and 9 great grandchildren with the tenth on its way! God has been so good to me!
I had been invited by John Arve Lunde the pastor of Familiekirken to come and share the word of God with them at the Saturday Bible School they were running. To my surprise I met some old friends from my time in Stavanger and some who remembered me from Sarons Dal, Kvinesdal. Nearly sixty people from many different churches attended this Saturday Bible School and I enjoyed every minute of the time with them.
Later Solveig and I were able to spend some time with John Arve and his wife Gunn Bj�rg in their lovely home in Ganddal. They are a wonderful couple with a genuine desire to serve God and his people. It was so good to listen to their story of how God had been leading them to start this new church Familiekirken. I am convinced that they will succeed in their endeavour to reach non-believers and make them part of a covenant community of God�s people.

No comments: