September 22, 2002

A strange experience
The morning service in the Methodist church was a strange experience. I was like going back to childhood. It seemed so remote from reality. It struck me that there was no expression of joy. Not one psalm or song was directed towards God. It was very strange to me. However they seemed to receive the word that Solveig and I brought with open hearts. They responded well to the alter call following our messages.
The people were very friendly and getting well along with one another. When the service was over they seemed to be happier and more relaxed than during the meeting. There are some real saints among them with a wonderful heart for God but the form of the service seemed to inhibit them instead of releasing them into joyful function. There was so much life and love among the people so I wonder why the service had a form that did not allow that to be expressed. It is my prayer that the leaders will be brave and wise in bringing the necessary changes to release the power of God among them!

No comments: