June 27, 2003

Bothering to meet with God

Bothering to meet with God
God was saying some staggering things to his servant Jeremiah, the prophet, as he was talking about the other prophets around in his days. God was charging them of telling lies and grandiose delusions as they were swapping dreams with one another, feeding on each other's delusive dreams. God was sad by the fact that they did not bother to meet with him!
Have any of these prophets bothered to meet with me, the true God? - bothered to take in what I have to say? - listen to and then lived out my word?
If they'd have bothered to sit down and meet with me, they'd have preached my Message to my people. They'd have gotten them back on the right track, gotten them out of their evil ruts.

Then God goes on to charge his true prophets with these words:
But you prophets who have a message from me - tell it truly and faithfully. Let your words change them. Don't change your words to suit them.
Oh, Lord make me bold in proclaiming your truthful words and not shrink back in fear of the consequences I may have to face! Lord, help me to speak words that change people, - words that bring them back on the right track with you! Help me to take time and make effort to bother to sit down and meet with you!

No comments: