June 24, 2003

What God is looking for

What God is looking for
This morning I finished reading the last chapters of the prophet Isaiah who is my favorite prophet. I read so many encouraging promises this morning and I am delighted to be part of the fulfillment of the prophecies of God for these last days.
In the last chapter (66:2) God is saying that he made heaven and earth and that we can build no house for him, however there is something he is looking for:
A person simple and plain, reverently responsive to what I say!
As I read this a prayer was form in my heart: Oh, Lord, let me be such a person. Help me to be simple and plain, not sophisticated or complicated. Give me a willing and responsive heart, and make me bold and brave in obeying you! Teach me to always fear you so that I reverently respond to you by doing what you say!

No comments: