June 01, 2003

The joy of being a grandfather

The joy of being a grandfather
There has been no blogging for one full week now as I have been away from home to be a grandfather full time in England! Solveig and I have been with Hanna and Daljinder, their two sons, Taj Kristian and Jai Ruben, and their two months old daughter Sunniva Isher. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with them.
Our youngest grandchild, Sunniva, is so beautiful that I can't find words to express it! She is a delicate little miracle of God with lots of black hair and a cute round face with wonderful eyes and a smile that will melt an iceberg!! She is such a quiet and content little being. I gave thanks to God for her every time I held her in my arms. God is so good to me! He has given me the joy of being a grandfather and the ability to enjoy it!
Taj Kristian is very practical and a diligent worker even though he is only four and a half years old. He was so busy cleaning the garden and it was my privilege to join him in that work. Then he gathered a lot of wooden material to make something but with no nails it turn out to nothing! Later he had his dad help him making a rocket. His mother was not very pleased when he on his own was painting it with a red colour and spilled some paint on his clothes. He is very clever with his hands and I am sure he has a great future!
Jai Ruben is very active all the time. He is full of life. He is full of joy most of the time, except for when his will is being crossed and he is upset with some of the new changes taking place! He loves books and he loves to talk! Even for him the future is bright!
I enjoyed playing with the boys and talking with them. It brings me great joy to be with them!
When we came home we went directly to a birthday party for Lars Benjamin which is now turning two years old! He is becoming more and more like his father Josef. He is not passive for a moment! He is up and down, in and out - everywhere at all time! This time he seemed to ignore me completely! Solveig had all his attention! He wanted her to join him in everything (it made it more quiet for me). He wanted her to see everything that excited him, and he ran to her for comfort when he had been hurt.

No comments: