June 23, 2003

Listen well

Listen well
I have been reading in my new leather bound Message Bible the last few months. At vacation I finished reading the Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, and now I am well on my way with the prophet Isaiah. I love reading and meditating on the word of God. This morning I was reminded again to listen well for the voice of God, when reading the Bible and while I am walking through life. God is constantly speaking to us his life-giving and life-nourishing word. This is what the word of God says:
Listen to me, listen well: Eat only the best, fill yourself with only the finest.
Pay attention, come close now, listen carefully to my life-giving, life-nourishing word.

Listen well! This is important! Take in only the best! Fill yourself only with the finest thoughts! Listen carefully, really pay attention to the life-nourishing word of God!
I have found that when I neglect to listen to God and don't take time to fill myself with his life-giving words my strength withers away and I am dried up spiritually. But when I take time to listen to God and eat his life-nourishing word all my senses stay alert and I am enjoying the blessings of the abundant life in Christ!

No comments: